MT 5500™ Walk-Through Metal Detector
US / INTERNATIONAL
PN 1167700 / 1167720
MSRP: $4,995.00 (U.S.)
The MT 5500 walk-through detector provides maximum throughput with exceptional scanning technology—locating metal targets on the left, right or center of its archway. The popular MT 5500 meets the demanding needs of security professionals worldwide who trust its ability to maintain patron flow rate with minimal alarms.
- Multi-dimensional scanning indicates whether a metal target is located on the left, right or center of the archway.
- Uniform detection field eliminates “hot spots.”
- 20 standard programs for security application versatility.
- Microprocessor technology in detection and control circuitry. Maximum of 200 distinct sensitivity levels.
- Overhead control unit: LCD, alarm light, LED bar graph and control touchpads—plus all wiring, connections and electronics—are integrated into a single external overhead control box compartment to eliminate wire exposure.
- Tamper proof settings through computerized access codes.
- Three levels of ankle boost sensitivity.
- Self diagnostic program: complete and automatic.
- Multiple coil design to minimize false alarms.
- Rugged, lightweight design provides simple maintenance and easy portability.
- Easy assembly: designed with only four (4) pieces and eight (8) screws. Simple-to-follow instructions.
- Optional battery pack for use anywhere; provides up to 20 hours of backup.
- Limited 24-month warr
- anty: parts and labor.
Operating: -4° F (-20° C) to +122° F (50° C)
Humidity to 95% non condensing
Storage: -40° F (-40° C) to 158° F (70° C)
Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 24 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments required.
Weatherproofing / Foreign Object Protection Standards
Meets IP 31, IEC Standard. “Degrees of Protection provided by Enclosures,” IEC 529.
100% sensor coil Faraday shielding; RFI interference reduced with hardware; special Garrett built-in circuitry for noise suppression and ignoring x-ray monitors. Physical interference minimized by coil design and circuitry.
Built-in and resettable with current reading available on LCD panel.
Multiple channels permit several MT 5500s and other Garrett detectors to operate simultaneously in close proximity.
Ready light indicates unit is operational; alarm lights and audible alarms are activated when the target amount of metal is detected; location of alarm lights on left and right side of display combined with variable tone indicates which side of the person the target is located.
Dual-level access codes required to set or change all sensitivity settings and detection programs; one level for use by supervisors in selecting programs and sensitivity and the other for initial set-up and overall control; non-resettable sequence code logs all changes made whenever sensitivity codes are accessed. An audible alarm reports unauthorized attempts at access.
Improves analysis of detection signal; increases throughput; helps eliminate “false alarms” and also provides accurate traffic counter.
Solid state switches (low voltage AC or DC) for operating external alarms and control devices.
Programs designed to eliminate the problem of dissimilar targets canceling each other.
Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate with resilient end caps; control panel and cross members made of heavy duty aluminum.
Limited 24 months, parts and labor.
Passageway Interior Size
|Width 30″ (0.76 m)|
|Height 80″ (2.03 m)|
|Depth 23″ (0.58 m)|
Overall Exterior Size
|Width 35″ (0.90 m)|
|Height 87″ (2.21 m)|
|Depth 23″ (0.58 m)|
|Width 35.5″ (.90 m)|
|Height 91.5″ (2.32 m)|
|Depth 6.25″ (.16 m)|
|Shipping Weight: 145 lbs. (65.8 kg)|